Countdown New Zealand in need of urgent Staff in light of COVID-19 Situation
16 Mar 2020
In consideration of the incoming reductions in available hours and jobs in the hospitality industry due to the impacts of COVID-19, there is notable concern for the thousands of Kiwis currently reliant on our hospitality businesses.
In the current climate of the COVID-19 impact Countdown New Zealand have experienced a significantly increased need to employ new talent across both Retail Store Operations and within their Supply Chains. They have reached out to Hospitality NZ to be a potential source of additional work and hours for hospitality staff who may experience struggles in the coming months as our businesses are impacted.
Information from Countdown New Zealand
Countdown is New Zealand’s leading supermarket brand and digital retailer, serving more than 3 million customers every week. We’re committed to providing our customers with the best fresh, value and convenience, so they’ll enjoy the best overall shopping experience in store or online.
Countdown continues to champion responsible, ethical and sustainable retailing and our commitment to community programmes and partnerships across the country. Whether we are giving Kiwi kids free fruit, supporting our food rescue programme partners, tackling waste, addressing climate change or celebrating diversity, we are committed to making Kiwi’s lives a little better every day. While we’re known as Countdown, we form part of Woolworths New Zealand, a subsidiary of the publicly-listed Australian company, Woolworths Group.
We are proud to provide new employment opportunities across New Zealand regularly. In the current climate of the COVID-19 impact we have an increased need to employ new talent across both our Retail Store Operations and within our Supply Chain. These opportunities are summarised below:
Store Operations in the Auckland region
We have many vacancies in a number of our Auckland stores in various departments, working in Nightfill, Fresh, Longlife, Checkouts & Online.
- Both part time & full time positions available. Ranging from 20 hours - 40 hours.
- A majority of the roles are customer facing so we’re looking for team who love interacting with customers, working in a team environment & are flexible to work different shifts including weekend days & late night.
- We offer opportunities for further training and development to become multi skilled and able to work in multiple departments
- We offer a range of career development opportunities including working towards; an apprenticeship in Bakery; You can obtain an NZQA Level 3 Certificate in Retail through our Emerging Leaders Programme; our leadership pathway programmes include Aspiring Leaders, Women in Leadership, Store Manager in Training programmes.
Supply Chain - Auckland, Palmerston North and Christchurch
We have full time permanent Warehouse Operator vacancies across our DC’s in Auckland, Palmerston North and Christchurch
- Warehousing and distribution experience is preferred
- Relevant current licences are advantageous (but not essential)
- Physically fit and able to pick cartons (ranging in weight upto 20kgs) is a non negotiable
Working as a Warehouse Operator in our DC’s you will join a large team responsible for picking orders for delivery into our Countdown Supermarkets to ensure stores are well stocked for our customers. In this physically active role you will be using voice pick technology whilst operating a motorised pallet carrier working in an environment where our customers and our team come first. Full training is provided, safety is paramount and there are a number of opportunities to grow and develop a career as part of the Countdown team.
For further information on any of the opportunities mentioned above please visit the Countdown careers site www.countdown.co.nz/careers